Sunday, January 7, 2007

Stupendous Player

You may or may not know that I have a small competitive streak. I like to play games, but mostly I like to WIN. It's very hard for me to just enjoy a game because I get very emotionally involved. In retrospect, I feel very bad for my quizzers when I used to coach BQ, because I know "everyone's a winner" in BQ, but there are still only 3 trophies! ;)
Soooo, I was at a party last night where the game "Catchphrase" was being played. I decided to join in the "fun", which was what it probably was until I started playing. My friend, Cindy, who just happens to be a teacher and one of the smartest people I know, just HAD to be on my team. There were a lot of us playing, so I thought I would conspire with her to make sure she and I were on the same team. Well, of course, the end result was two consecutive wins, which led the other players demanding the teams be changed up. I then informed them at that point that it didn't matter WHICH team I was on, I would still win. When the teams were selected, I started to get a little nervous at my big, big mouth. I don't know why, because we did STILL win!!!! (Yay!)
Yep, I have MAD gaming skills! :D

3 comments:

  1. Did you really win, or was the timer reset????

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually, two games were played after the teams were split. The first round went to your opposing team!?! HaHa- because *someone* was falling out of their chair, rolling on the ground, and having a laughing fit on the floor as the timer was clicking away. So, it was a tie! I know that will drive you CRAZY until the next game when we shall meet again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm fairly confident our first game with the new teams was our last game altogether. Alas, I welcome any "re-matching". Just because I KNOW John would have never let me live it down had I lost at all. He would have rubbed it in REAL good. Or maybe he was actually being nice for once? Doubtful! ;)

    ReplyDelete