Thursday, January 4, 2007

Momentous

One moment, one blink of an eye, one small but powerful spoken word has the ability to change my outlook on life. I was awakened by a phone call that carried with it some startling news. (Yes, I was finally able to get back to sleep...) I now know that I should have spent my sleepless hours in prayer this morning, but I never would have been able to fathom what for. Shocking. Truly shocking. I am nobody, so I do not feel that I can take the stance of "disappointment", but I am very much alarmed at some recent developments. Oh, I know, I'm being vague, but the goal of my blog is to have an outlet for feelings just like the ones I am experiencing now. It's not up to me to cite another's shortcomings or downfalls, but I do know how this particular situation makes me feel. Burdened for all the many lives that are effected and perhaps forever changed. God help me not to ignore Your voice when you call me to pray, even if I don't know what it is or WHO it is I am praying for.

1 comment:

  1. God help us all to be more aware of His still small voice!! I know you are shaken up with whatever the phone call delivered, but remember, GOD is IN CONTROL. He will do whatever is necessary to reach someones soul!

    Love ya girl and praying for you and yours!
    Jana

    ReplyDelete