Thursday, January 4, 2007

Sleeping Pill

Well, it's quite early in the morning and I can't sleep. I slept a full 6 hours and I can't sleep another wink. Yes, I will be very tired mid-day, but there is absolutely nothing I can do about it. I constantly joke that this is old age setting in, but right now it's no laughing matter. I want to sleep. My body still feels tired. Just can't. I'm pretty sure I was awakened by the sound of my doggy hiccuping at my feet. It sounded kind of strange and I was worried he was going to be sick all over my bed, so I was busy fussing with him, all the while becoming more and more awake. Now, I'm wide awake trying to engage in an activity that may help induce sleep. Alas, it is not to be, at least not at the moment.

I know something that would put me right to sleep is trying to put a dent in my huge Christmas mess, but that would wake up Ralphie and Log, so that's out. Reading is not an option because I have a wild imagination and it comes alive with reading. What's left to do but surf the net? There are lots of interesting things going on around the world that I have already read about this morning, so I am informed of my planet at all hours of the early morning. I must say, I have thoroughly enjoyed pouring thoughts out on this blog, but I do know this can't possibly be interesting to anyone... not even me. As a matter of fact, if I hadn't written this and was actually just reading it, I might be asleep by now!!

No comments:

Post a Comment