Tuesday, January 9, 2007

L-O-V-E

Love is so mysterious. It makes people behave in very odd ways. Love has been on my mind today, because I wish EVERYONE had it, but they don't. What is love? Well, in the right and spiritual sense, it is God, but here in the real world, what is it? Does it make people kill? Really? On a lesser degree of severity, does it make people do dumb things? Yes, I think so. Of course, this is not my own divine revelation, no doubt I share this view point with many other bright intellectuals such as myself. (You'd have to know me to "hear" my sarcasm...) I'm not a pro at love, I'll be the first to say it, but I am very curious of its silent underworkings! I am in love with a wonderful man, yes, but we're learning as we go.
So, what is wrong with people these days? Have we as humans completely forgotten how to fall in love???? I think often it is misplaced feelings they mistakenly name love. The world today uses the word "love" today in a very flippant way, and it has not really taken the time to learn what it really is and what it really means. When there are people who seem to really love each other, but not act on it, it drives me nutty!! Why are people who realize what love really should be so afraid to admit it? And act on it? They will have strong feelings, but scare easily, in the process, maybe missing out on the best thing that could have ever happened to them. The failure to act. Those are words I very much dislike being associated with me and my life. They are, because I am human, but we are in charge of making the failure to act a distant memory and begin to take risks. Open your mind. Sure, sure, you don't want to be so open-minded that your brain falls out, but nevertheless...
I, for one, will try to live a life with as little regret as possible. Because I am human, it won't be without regret at all, but with as little as possible is tolerable - right?

1 comment:

  1. I am tagging you, see my blog for details.

    ReplyDelete