Wednesday, January 17, 2007

For Everything a Season...

Soooo, it was time. It was a tough decision and even all the "tougher" to carry out, but it had to be done. If I didn't do it - who would? I dreaded it with every fiber of my being and couldn't wait for the whole painful experience to be over. Childbirth might be less painful, but I wouldn't know since I had a C-section. Yes, it was time to accept the fact that Christmas decorations are no longer an acceptable form of one's expression of Christmas cheer. Not half-way through January, they're not. Why on EARTH did the pilgrims have to give thanks so CLOSE to Christmas?!? Didn't they realize that would substantially shorten the Christmas season for those of us who still actually observe Thanksgiving these many moons later??? I MEAN! THE gall! Needless to say, I have been in quite the state of denial that my love for the season had now become a tacky eyesore. The only hint that Christmas ever was celebrated here are the few gifts that I have repeatedly neglected to pass out to some church friends sitting on my bench. That's it. Finished. Done. Kaput. Will it still be okay for me to listen to my Israel Christmas album?
In other news, I have not, as I had previously hoped, finalized our drama script yet. It is, however, in pretty good shape and should be ready for proof-reading tomorrow. Pray for us that God will use us to touch many lives.
Can't wait to see what tomorrow holds! Many exciting challenges, I am sure... I know, I know, it actually is today, but I'm still in Wednesday, for all those who think I've lost it, it's 12 a.m. It's very cold out, too. Maybe it will snow... :D THAT would be Christmas-ee!!

1 comment:

  1. WAKE UP!!!!! It appears that you are in a very very deep trance. And today does hold better things for you becuz of a meeting tonight with a Rosies burrito and yummy salsa....Be there of be square cuz we NEED our DESSERT!

    ReplyDelete