Friday, January 5, 2007

Mall Cart Vendors

I had a wonderful time having lunch with a friend at the Eating Room. Very nice. There is a bakery there and they have the most beautiful and delicious creations coming out of that kitchen! Spectacular designs, even on the cupcakes! I had dinner at Claim Jumper with my hubby and my beautiful cousin, Vanessa, so I feel like I've pretty much eaten my way through the day! LOL (BTW - Thanks Barb for the CJ gift card!)


We just got home from the mall where I was on the hunt for BLACK. BLACK is the color of the hour because that is what I will be required to wear next week for the mass choir presentation. I found BLACK, so now I just need to see how it looks with the pieces in my closet I hope to coordinate with.


Being in the mall reminded me of a pet peeve of mine. (I have many, but this is near the top of the list...) I was "approached" several times as I walked through the mall by vendors hoping to hawk there wares on me!!



Unfortunately, I had all the moisturizer my hands could absorb and I already have hands-free phone capabilities, so I politely declined as I usually do. I know everyone just wants to make a living, but does it have to be made making me uncomfortable, trying not to make eye contact with them, so they won't attack? Er, I mean, "approach"? I walk very close to the wall, so as to avoid said vendors, but I end up "battling" other shoppers for that spot! It doesn't seem like very many people are wanting to buy or actually buying from these sellers, so how is it they are still in business? I don't know. I do feel bad for them, because they are basically rejected for a living. That's gotta be hard on the self-esteem. Well, I think I am done with the mall, at least for the next couple of days, because I am swamped with other activities!


Tomorrow's rant: Leaf Blowers. (JK!!) LOL

2 comments:

  1. HAHAHA Well, I am SOOO sorry to make you have to venture out and be "attacked" by said vicious mall vendors!!! Next time I will co-ordinate with you on what colors you DO have in your closet and THAT will be what we will use, ok?
    Btw, lunch was great, just wish I had been with you at CJ's! YUMMERS!!! :)

    Good luck with your co-ordinating!
    Love ya!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I love to shop, so any excuse (including the fact that I no longer have black clothes), is a good one for me!

    I guess we'll see the fruits of that shopping trip pretty soon! I risked life and limb to get them! ;)

    ReplyDelete