Friday, March 28, 2008

Ever a Memorial

I miss Grandma McCorkle. For some reason, it really hit me hard this past weekend that she is really gone. I feel like I took her for granted, making us Easter dinner, watching Logan when we were very busy, and just doing all the wonderful things she did. I don't nearly miss any of those things like her prayers. Just knowing there was a true woman of God praying for us just made things a little easier. Oh, the battles she helped fight on her knees!!

During the Easter hoopla, Pastor Wilmoth had assigned certain prayer warriors in our church to be prayer partners with all of the main drama characters and the team. Come to find out, my prayer partner was Sis. Barrington, who was one of Grandma's dearest friends. When she came and put her arm around me just before our first Easter service, I sobbed. I'm crying now, just writing about it! I just missed Grandma so very much, all the while being comforted by this dear elder and pillar of our church. Even though Grandma has gone on to be with the Lord, I just felt encouraged by her through her friend. I think she'll still pray for me, even though drama is over. Comforting, sweet peace...

No comments:

Post a Comment