Tuesday, June 5, 2007

What a lot of craziness!!!!

Well, you wouldn't believe the week I've had if I told you! I put up some pix of some of the excitement, some of the misery. God is STILL good!!! Ralph, Log, and I went to Fresno to visit my family and some of our friends. We ended up seeing Uncle Vince pray through at church, which was a huge miracle. He hadn't been in 16 years and he just happened to show up the same exact Sunday morning that I was there with my family. With us living 5 hours away, we aren't in service there very often at all, in fact it had been over a year and a half since we'd been. That was awesome. It had also been a long time since I hadn't seen him since my Dad passed away, so it was emotionally overwhelming for him to be there! Very awesome. Then the saga began. We went to visit my Uncle Vince and his familia on Monday and that is when Ralphie's pains began. It came on very suddenly and grew in intensity. Long story short, he ended up having his appendix taken out on Tuesday and we were still in Fresno! He should have been better - right? Wrong! Unfortunately, the operation seemed to only enhance the pain he had been having before and we ended up back at the hospital with a lot of questions! As it turns out, he had a rare condition known as "Meckel's diverticulum". Even more rare is to have any symptoms from this rare birth defect, but he had major symptoms! He was extremely ill and ended up back in surgery less than two days after his initial surgery. They kept him in the hospital until Sunday and we were finally able to make the trek back home on Monday. He is doing lots better, thank God, and he should be like new in a few weeks, give or take. There are many of you who already knew parts or all of this story and we thank you so much for your prayers! We wouldn't have made it through without them! TAKE LUCK!! ;0)

1 comment:

  1. That's the spirit.... "Keeping the main thing the main thing". I'll never forget the statement your Uncle Vince made while Ralph was in Surgery for the SECOND time. "We need to be a miracle to others" That brings to mind this song: We can do Miracles if we believe. My version:
    We can be Miracles....
    Love and Prayers
    Tracey/Fresno

    ReplyDelete