Monday, September 8, 2008

Picture It...


So, here is a pic of me a couple of weeks before my surgery, and, yes, I disliked my photo being taken. I wanted to post this, in case you haven't seen me in a while or perhaps didn't think I was quite large enough to qualify. (I doubt it!) LOL So, last night out with some friends, the topic most of the night was weight and what we eat. I think they were feeling bad about eating in front of me while I sipped broth, but I was just happy to know anybody cared enough to want to go out with us! Anyhoo, I was reminded how, for the longest time, it hadn't really occurred to me how out of hand my weight was. I wouldn't allow anybody to take pictures of me, because there would be PROOF! HA! Also, when I would see the picture, the proof was undeniable, especially when I was pictured with someone not as large. So, I don't know how much you weigh and I don't care, but if you aren't sure how everybody sees YOU, take a picture of yourself and have a look! It's eye-opening! Hence, the reason I'm posting my pre-surgery pic. That is what all y'all had to look at and I don't want to ever forget!

3 comments:

  1. Chris,
    I have a picture of me from 1997 just a few weeks before I joined Weight Watchers. It's scary! I look at it when I think about losing control.
    The strange thing about the female mind is, unless you look at a picture you really don't see yourself for what you are. Even now, being at my goal weight, there are times I have negative body thoughts that I have to beat down! Pictures don't lie!!
    I'm looking forward to your new pictures - take some every month!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chris & Kathy,
    I have done the same thing. I never believed I was THAT bad off with my weight..I mean how could I have possibly went from the skin and bones girl in high school..to a fluffy momma. But I had.
    It is very true...pictures don't lie!!
    Thus the reason why I am back on Weight Watchers.
    Good luck Chris...can't wait to see your pictures!

    ReplyDelete