Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Move over, Richard Simmons!


I'm starting to ease into a life of more activity, less Internet surfing. *sigh* Old habits die hard, though, so here I sit, blogging and, in essence, procrastinating. I've decided, for now anyway, not to join a gym. The only ladies' gym around here is Curves, which I don't care for, and I hate going to co-ed gyms, especially at my SIZE. Too, too, too embarrassing! Even IF I am fully modest and clothed, it's unbearable to be next to the beautiful Olympians that always seem to find their way to the treadmill right NEXT to mine! ugh! Anyhoot, I will stick to my little walking DVD's and expect miraculous results, of course! Also, my mother-in-law has told me she will give me her weight bench, so that's a nice little start to the home gym I plan to have set up in the garage. It may be a while, though, seeing as we have the Antiques Roadshow going on in there! Would SOMEBODY (Ralph), PLEASE clean that out?!? LOL!!! So, anybody have any good, work-out-at-home tips for me? I'm still limited to low-impact, but I should be able to get doctor clearance, in the next week or two, to go for the gold! Gotta go. I'm going to go buy a jump rope.

3 comments:

  1. Have you heard of the Body Flex system? It is low impact and fairly easy on the budget! I have the DVD's and exercise bar sitting here somewhere....maybe I should actually USE them???

    Look it up. There is lady I know who lives by it religiously and she looks pretty toned!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't until now, but I will be sure to look it up! Thanks, Jana!

    ReplyDelete
  3. See my blog sometime soon on my answer to Shegazelle's question of how I got started running...
    My BEST advise when it comes to activity (throw out the word exercise!) is find something you enjoy. If you dread it, you'll find every excuse in the book to avoid it. If you hate walking, trying cycling or roller blading. My mother-in-law was roller blading in her 60's and it made a huge difference! You might even be able to find a class (my WW leader took one and loved it!)
    Anyhoo, keep moving and trying stuff - you'll eventually have more strength and endurance and you'll be able to do more.
    For core strength, I love Pilates!

    ReplyDelete