Friday, September 26, 2008

Gaming


I'm an old-fashioned "gamer". I love to play board games with my family. We (almost) always have a grand, ol' time, but it depends sometimes on the mood of mama and papa bear. So, usually after we're done eating dinner, I'll ask Logan to pick out a game for us to play. After several vetoes by mama and papa, he'll usually find one that we all know how to play and can consequently may enjoy. Tonight he picked one of my favorites. Scrabble. Ahhh... For Christmas last year, I received not one, but TWO deluxe editions from different family members, knowing I liked the game. One, obviously, went back to the store, but the other has a nice niche in our game cupboard. Logan pulled it out and my husband immediately stated he wouldn't be playing if both me AND my mom would be! LOL (He likes to win...) hehehe... Well, my mom wasn't playing, so we all settled in. I had to take a picture this time, though, because last time my other Scrabble nerdy friends didn't believe that we [legally] used every piece by the end of the game. We did it again tonight. Logan did all of his own words, though a couple of times he would ask how certain words were spelled. Logan did a GREAT job and I'm so proud of my "little Scrabbler"! Ralph ALMOST won, but I pulled out a 16 pt. word on my last throw-down. So, I pulled ahead of him by 3 and won. Logan held his own with the big bears and we had a great time. I strongly encourage family game time as a quiet time to bond and have fun with the people you love and care about most!

P.S. I was too tired to contest the usage of "gil", but did doubt that was actually a word! LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment