Thursday, August 7, 2008

T minus 20 and Counting...

I've just gotten home from seeing the surgeon who will be performing gastric bypass on me in a couple of weeks and I've got lots of homework! First of all, he gave me a "small" pamphlet explaining in morose detailing all aspects of the procedure. Also, he just threw in that he'd like me to lose 10 pounds by surgery time. TEN. POUNDS. Hello, doc? Are we sure you're clear WHY I'm here? LOL Ok.... He also felt it was necessary to reprimand me for not taking my high blood pressure medicine. Alright, so he didn't "reprimand", but he did strongly suggest I immediately commence hitherto, else I'll possibly not have so much "fun" during surgery. Yikes! I also have to go have blood work and a MRI done, like, right now. Then, about a week before surgery, I'll be in classes all day learning about the procedure in's and out's, including being tested on my knowledge before being able to proceed! I guess this is why the surgeon I chose has such a high success rating, not that there aren't any risks involved, just not TONS. Well, I'll be working on all this homework for the next couple of weeks, but I will try to keep you more inquisitive readers "in the know". Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment