Wednesday, August 13, 2008

T minus 14...

Exactly 2 weeks from today I will be having gastric bypass surgery. I have been preparing for this for months, but it still seems quite surreal. Tonight (it's 12:30 AM, so I'm a little turned around...) I read through most of the pre-operative manual that was given me by my surgeon. There is a LOT of information, some I was aware of, some not. As I read, I was again compelled to Google some things in regards to the surgery in search of more information. I feel pretty well-informed, but there's always something new to learn! Always! I'm definitely not looking forward to the pain, which is looming in my near future! However, of all of the research I have done and many, MANY people I have spoken to who have actually HAD the surgery, I still feel good about it. I've had a lot of people ask me if I'm getting nervous and I think tonight I got a little case of "nerves". Hopefully, my full schedule of x-rays, examinations, work, and closet-cleaning will keep my mind occupied in other places. I'm still waiting on pix from my friend from our Disneyland trip and I'll be posting those real soon! *fingers crossed*

No comments:

Post a Comment