Monday, April 21, 2008

Playing the Game

I have a somewhat competitive nature. I'm told this competitive nature has a companion "nature" called jealousy. Apparently you can't have one without the other. Major bummer, huh? So, there is yet one more thing for me to work on!! I do enjoy a new challenge! I'm competitive in a quirky way though. I love being the person at the potluck whose dish is wiped clean. I love having a really good hair day. I rejoice when told I look younger than the 32 years I have. Or when Logan is complimented for having wonderful manners. Also, when someone mentions how wonderful and/or handsome my husband is. So, that is my "competitive side". I just FEEL like a winner sometimes! Not all the time! LOL Nobody else even knows it's a competition, and I'm only a winner in the arena of my own imagination. HAHA! Does that make me a complete PSYCHO?!? Ah, well, what to do, what to do...

"Winning isn't everything, but wanting to win is." - Vince Lombardi

3 comments:

  1. I really identify with this thought. You nailed it: I'm only competitive in the arena of my imagination. How true... no one else knows or even thinks those compliments make a difference... but they do. Are you a "words" person? (from book, The 5 Love Languages by Gary Chapman)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That doesn't Make you psycho; it just adds to the already huge pile of evidence that you always were psycho. Climbed any good hills lately?

    ReplyDelete
  3. No, no escalar montanas! No! Psycho, yessssssss....

    ReplyDelete