Thursday, April 24, 2008

Migraine Mystery

I went to see a neurologist yesterday who promptly put me on Topomax twice daily for the foreseeable future. Ugh! I do NOT want to have to take pills every day, let alone TWICE a day! Also, from what I can tell, they're making me a little light-headed, which is not good. There were only 3 choices of preventative migraine meds and the other 2 cause weight gain, so that left the one that I'm on. If it doesn't work well for the next little while, he's going to do an MRI at my next appointment. What a bunch of DRAMA! LOL I'm going to see my regular doctor today to discuss the neurologists findings and my recent ER visit. I'm a mess. My husband teases that this is what happens when people get OLD! He said he's going to buy me a pill organizer! :-( He's too much! That's it for now. I've got another doc to see! Toodles noodles!

1 comment:

  1. Chris,
    I am much older than you and I don't need a pill organizer......yet! LOL Tell Ralph that you are NOT old!!! Maybe this is what happens when a spouse wears you out!!!! Just kidding Ralph, just kidding!!

    I hope the meds work and you get those headaches under control. Might be best though to go ahead and have further testing to make sure there isn't something worse going on! But with all that said, God is your Creator, Protector, and HEALER! He is still on the throne and still in control! I will be praying for healing for you!

    Love ya!

    ReplyDelete