Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Happy Birthday, Son!

Ten years ago to the day, I was in some pain. Labor pain, to be precise. It seems so very long ago, yet just like yesterday. I remember what I wore into the hospital and every gift that was brought to my angel those first few days. I also remember the perfume that Ralph brought to me when I was finally able to get cleaned up. My dad was in Guatemala, so he wasn't able to be there when Logan was born, but all of the other grandparents were there. Even Grandpa McCorkle was still alive at the time. We were all very excited and Ralph and I were pretty terrified as well. As it turns out, we survived and have a wonderful son. He's quite smart and learning to be polite as best as we can teach him. His grandparents who have gone on to be with the Lord would be quite proud and we all are bursting as well.

We had a party last night at a local pizza parlor and Logan made out like a BANDIT, as usual! The kid is way spoiled. Or "blessed". *sigh!* I think his favorite gifts were from his grandmas, the xBox game "Rock Band" and some Transformers. He loves Transformers. He loves the Star Wars Lego game for xBox, so we had a Lego-themed party. It was great fun and I'd love to show you a picture of Logan with his cake, but Ralph took video. *sigh* Whatever... LOL

Bonnie and Amanda are almost here and we are off to Disneyland on Friday, so I won't be on here much! Everyone have a great weekend!

2 comments:

  1. You go girl! You are quite the blogger these days. Keep it up. Its nice to know how long distance friends are doing.

    Glad your son's birthday was a succss. I'm sure your son is a very blessed boy. =)Have fun at DisneyLand.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello.....
    All the grandparents are not gone as you suppose!
    Judy and I are still here, your mother is still here, Linda and Harry are still here!

    Nice to read of your "Beautiful Life".

    Mine is stuck in Maui, Blah, Blah, Blah!

    Nite Nite!

    ReplyDelete