Monday, February 21, 2011

Romans 14

"Accept the one whose faith is weak, without quarreling over disputable matters..."  Nobody says it quite like God does.  God, in His infinite wisdom, mercy, and perfection, would have His people love one another and all people, for that matter.  I've had the privilege of being friends from widely varied walks of life and I try to remain true to my friends, no matter the changes they experience in their own lives.  It's sad to me that so few Christians can say the same.  I'm amazed that there are people who consider themselves to be of God so MUCH so that they have to separate themselves from other factions of like-minded faithful due to politics, clout, and "disputable matters".  They don't want to take in all the scriptures on mercy and long suffering, rather honing in on one or two, when taken out of context and abused, can be made to say whatever the speaker wants it to.  These people so vehemently defend their ignorance that they've become absolutely unteachable.  They'll defend their self-righteous, arrogant point of view and those like them right to the gates of hellfire.  I was shunned last night.  Not only was I shunned, I was slammed by the Shunner, based on gossip and mistruths the Shunner had heard from other "respectable, saved" people.  It's okay to gossip.  Oh, yeah, it's not gossip if the gossiper is somebody you respect.  Also, you (the victim), should ignore the gossip, gossiper, and the pursuant damage to your psyche, reputation, and faith because you aren't living right by their standards, so you're wrong no matter what.  Ever heard of the old heads and tails game - "heads I win, tails you lose"?  That's the name of their game.  I wonder how many souls have been won by this self-proclaimed child of God?  Is the number proportionate to the number of years they've been "saved"?  Is it higher than the number of people they've run off with their tactless mouth?  Yeah, I'm being judgmental, but I don't profess to be a great Christian.  I'm nobody, but at least I know it.  They'll know it when their long sleeves and floor-skimming skirts are stripped away and all that's left is their heart.  It'll be too late then.

6 comments:

  1. Not for the faint of heart indeed! = ))))
    We have experienced the same and still do! I gotta tell that I loved the part of being stripped of the long sleeves and floor skimming skirts - hilarious. You may not have meant it that way. Stay strong in your faith to God - don't let them change you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Chris, I am saddened to hear that this happened to you last night. All I can say is that the Shunner will rue the day they shunned someone when they have to answer for that on Judgement Day. I still hold tight to the Word that tells me to judge not lest I be judged. I have too many things in my own life/walk that need perfecting! If I were judged today by THE JUDGE, I pray that all my imperfections would have been repented of and covered by HIS blood!!!
    Wish I had been able to get to you guys before you left last night but I was stuck playing. You looked GORGEOUS!! And I caught a glimpse of Reagan in her Daddy's arms. She is a doll! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you! If I don't laugh, I cry. Just counting my blessings and taking it a day at a time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Heartfelt and oh, so true!!! Coming from this exact RELIGIOUS ORGANIZATION of the long skimming skirts...I remember the day when my heart was so balck and ungly as this. Thank God for his mercy and for saving my from my own "self righteousness". Thank you for your words of wisdom!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks to Jana and Mama Cathy! Love to you both.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Our imperfections are many and God has said to love one another and leave the judgments to Him for He is our judge.
    I for one would not like to be responsible for one of God's children to lose their salvation because I pointed my finger in judgment of their transgressions true or not. ♥

    ReplyDelete