Sunday, February 13, 2011

Music, How I Love Thee!

Watching the Grammys as I type to all 7 of my avid, voracious readers, and soaking it in as if it's all for me. Music is such an amazing thing.  Take the piano, which I happen to know a little about, and let's examine its many applications tonight.  Stage for a be-cat-suited Gwyneth Paltrow, accompaniment to Rihanna (played by none other than my man, Adam Levine), re-imagined as a pipe organ head garden by Gaga, and skillfully performed upon by THE Bruno Mars - the piano can be summed up in one word - versatile.  No, that's not it.  Ummm...  Thesaurus.... thesaurus.... ridonkulous.  Oh, that's not a word?  Well, anyway, it's so awesome how a piano or any number of interesting instruments (I once saw a missionary preaching for my dad play a SAW), can form a cohesive sound that becomes a composition, that becomes art.  I love it all.  Especially impressed with Eminem tonight and Katy Perry's sorta on-key performance, which hasn't been a norm for her from what I've seen.  I'm never disappointed in Gaga's extensive costuming/staging/gimmickry.  Mick Jagger just did a set and I'm sure we'll be going out with a bang, but no matter what it is, I'll love it...and envy people who can make a decent, if not lucrative living creating "it".  Music.  Love it.

BTW - if Barbra Streisand could just kick it up a notch, I'd be grateful.  Potty break!

No comments:

Post a Comment