Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Love the Mouse

Well, I have had some heavy posts of late, so I thought I'd lighten things up a bit today!  I've got Disneyland on the brain today.  We'll be going to Disneyland Saturday and Sunday (in the rain, no less), with some family.  It's going to be awesome, with a capital "F".  Disneyland Resort is something special in the rain.  One particular rainy DL experience comes to mind as I plan for some rain-soaked hilarity...  It's been several years back and I went with a group of people from my church.  It was RAINING hard!  We all promptly bought Mickey slickers because our umbrellas were not adequate protection from the torrential downpour.  The crowd was light and festive because you just have to take rain at DL with a grain of salt, or else you'll be frustrated!  We wandered around the park, riding everything we passed and stopping in many of the shops. Much to my surprise, the big coaster, California Screamin', was still open and taking "Screamers"!  Wow!  Couldn't pass up that opportunity and I'm, oh, so glad!  We screamed and laughed and were pelted so very hard by the rain as we sped around the track that our faces were numb!  We were so soaked, it wasn't until we were pulling back into the depot that I realized I had drooled on myself from all the laughter.  What a great Disney moment.  Right up there with my first ever ride on Dumbo coinciding with my daughter's first-ever ride on  the same.  Good times.  You should try it!  (I'll be posting a new story I'm working on in segments soon, so please follow my blog so you don't miss a thing!)

No comments:

Post a Comment