Monday, October 27, 2008

The Empress's New Clothes


Well, today has been something else, to say the least. And it's just the beginning of a VERY busy week. Ralph has taken to calling me "Grandma McCorkle" for all the doctor's appointments I have to attend this week. I've got 2 physical therapy appointments, a tooth filling, teeth cleaning, follow-up with my gastric surgeon, AND full head x-ray for braces. TOLD you!! LOL Tons going on, then next week, we all pack up and head to Fresno for WCC. I'm super-excited about that, except that I usually have my full wardrobe picked out in my head at least a month before. Well, this time it's a little different, since none of my clothes fit. I'll admit I'm in an enviable position, being too small in stature to fit into my "tres fab" clothes, but I don't know how I'm going to build a wardrobe for 5 services in less than a week!!! It took years to get my closet going after gaining the weight, now I'm back to square one. I am so desperate, I even bought shoes online, just hoping they'll fit! (I think they will and they are CUTE! Pictured above!) I do already have one thing I can wear with them, so it wasn't a completely frivolous buy, so anyway... I'm headed to second-hand stores on Friday, so hopefully I'll make up for the shoe purchase!! =D

1 comment:

  1. SWEET shoes! If it makes you feel any better, I have no clue what to wear to WCC either. Nothing new or exciting. That's what a budget can do to your wardrobe. :-/
    I'm sure you'll come up with something grand so you don't have to wear the "Empress's New Clothes" with those shoes! ;-)

    ReplyDelete