Friday, June 27, 2008

Batie

Katie, Katie, Katie... Wow. Do I ever have loads of memories with this girl. Most of them were made on the many BQ trips we took, literally all over the country. I came to love this girl and her parents, who were assistant coaches at the time. What wonderful times we had trying to kill time on the way to our tournaments. Heaven forbid we actually studied on the way and thankfully Russ didn't make us. Much. LOL One particularly memorable tournament was, (I think!) in Napa? It was Extravaganza time and there were lots of unfamiliar faces and teams. There were a couple of guys who were, uh, hmmm, "into" us? LOL!!! They were soooo distracting in our last quiz! We should have had that. Or maybe not. There these two goofballs sat, right in the front row, just STARING at us during the quiz. Looking back, I'm pretty sure they were just staring at YOU, but you were nice enough to make me feel "loved" with the attention. One of my very favorite games EVER was against Bakersfield in Chula Vista. Frankie contested question #18 or 19, something like that, and they deliberated for close to an hour. (I think it was denied...) We were so BORED up there and Russ was MAD that we didn't take it seriously. Having now coached a team of my own, I feel his pain. I could go on and on and on and ON, but I won't. Love you, girl, and glad we've got such wonderful memories!

1 comment:

  1. I'm remembering going to that tournament and us doing cornrows in our hair. Do you remember TJ and Raymond trying to do them for us?
    HYSTERICAL!!!
    I'm also remembering those guys..from Tacoma, Washington...barging into our hotel room. They freaked my mom and Jeannine out!
    We always had the GREATEST times!!!! What a BLAST!
    There are other memories I have with you, outside of Bible Quizzing, but those are better left unsaid =)
    No need confessing...
    I love you bunches and always have SUCH a good time when I'm around you!
    You are a great friend!

    ReplyDelete