Saturday, March 5, 2011

No One Was Searching For Them (Ez. 34:6)

Had an interesting conversation today with another "lost sheep" and have had a lot rolling around in my mind since then.  We experienced very similar circumstances and have trouble understanding the "Christianity" in it.  There are so many instances in the Bible, one specifically found in chapter 34 of Ezekiel, where God exhorts the "shepherds" or what we have come to know in the 21st century as the "ministry" in regards to caring for his sheep.  (Or the lack thereof, in my particular instance, and that of the other partaker in this exchange.)  And how many countless others?  When I was in church, I was of the opinion that the "backslider" was wrong no matter what, therefore no feelings of theirs warranted any merit or gravity.  I've even heard those who were "lost" and not sought after, that just made up in their mind to come back on their own, make up excuses for the lack of seeking on their minister's part.  None of this is called into question ever.  It's taboo and if you're even thinking of questioning why, you're immediately considered in the wrong, blacklisted and ostracized by whomever lends a sympathetic ear to the minister seeking to justify their lack of caring.  I have found that questioning usually ignites obnoxious, arrogant belligerence amongst "the called" claiming to strive to live as Jesus would, and no answer is ever given.  How many hurting souls are sprinting towards eternity, wondering where all the years of love and dedication to their shepherd and the flock got them?  Annihilated.  Excommunicated.  Forgotten.  Sentenced to the life of a leper without fair trial, only judgment.  The numbers are countless, yet the "redeemed" will say that if those "lost" really love the Lord, it won't matter.  I disagree and hope they're never on the other side of the fence to see for themselves.  "Thus says the Lord GOD: 'Behold, I am against the shepherds, and I will require My flock at their hand; I will cause them to cease feeding the sheep, and the shepherds shall feed themselves no more; for I will deliver My flock from their mouths, that they may no longer be food for them.'"  Ezekiel 34:10  Those aren't my words, and I highly recommend the entire chapter for reading, so you may see for yourself I'm not taking a grain of sand to build a sand castle.

7 comments:

  1. reading this bring sad tears to my eyes.."if they only knew what they really do not know"

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am way too familiar to this episode.......

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dose Anybody Hear Her? Can anybody see? or does anybody enven know SHE'S GOING DOWN TODAY? UNDER THE SHADOW OF OUR STEEPLE with all the lost and lonely people.

    I found myself in a very lonley place in life and lost my way in the CHURCH. I can truley say: Under the Shadow of the Steeple. My Ship went down... "Fortunately I know how to swim!!"

    ReplyDelete
  4. Never thought I would be on the outside looking in. But what I see prickes my Heart.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Testing, testing. Trying to reveal my name and not be Anonymous... My post is 3/29/11 above.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Are both Anonymous comments on the 29th your's? I felt so sad when I wrote this post. I'm just venting on here, which isn't necessarily earning me any brownie points, but it's my medicine.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes, My Friend. It is me. Don't underestimate your words... "Unless they have walked a mile in these shoes..." As Sad as this is, it is So Very Real. They may look at a blog but not leave a comment... My last post was Mothers Day 2010 also Baby Dedication... It changed my life and broke my heart.
    I have been told one to many times in life. We need to talk, but not now. We need to get together,but I'm busy right now. That's not OK! I don't care who you are. I felt the pain in this blog my Old Friend.

    ReplyDelete