Monday, July 9, 2007

Lessons in Terror

Well, tonight I had to do my first formally graded speech in class. It was extremely nerve-wracking. I literally wanted to crawl out of the room in the middle, because it was going so, so bad. Anyway, I lived and hopefully I'll pass the class. The teacher did mention that he has almost never given anything less than a "B" on the first graded speech, so that's assuring, I guess. It was a demonstration speech, so I had to keep moving while I was talking, trying to keep track of my speech outline and the time. I guess the best thing was that I didn't go over the allotted time, as did many others in the class. I'll be docked for sheer "horribleness". LOL Anyway, I'm glad it'll all be over in a few short weeks! =D Gimme that "A" and let me go home! JK!!!!! I'll be lucky with a "C" after tonight's episode, but I shall persevere!!! I'm looking at the big picture and "winning" means getting my degree. I'm gonna do it, or at least give it a real honest try. There. I hope that wasn't too bo...ring for whoever left that less than kind comment, anonymously no less! Nighty-night!

6 comments:

  1. Sis. Chris,
    You should ACE this speech class!! You are an awesome choir director and are in front of people ALL the time!!! Just relax and have fun with the class, then you will see that YOU, yes, YOU, have what it takes to get an A!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. im sure you did great..as far as the less than kind comment, I think that person may have been referring to the .....zzzzzzzz.....zzzzzzzz....zzzzzz now, that was a less than kind comment to what the other person was commenting about.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhhh... Okay? IDK... I'm still a little confused, but I do feel a little better as well. =D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you, "anonymous", for your very kind comments. I will do my best to shoot for that "A" in spite of my immense feelings of inadequacy. God bless you for your sweetness to me!!! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know you can shoot for and attain that "A"!!!! Go for it!!! Non-traditional students, like you and ?I?, can achieve greatness and show all those teens, who are just starting out, a thing or two!!!

    Uh oh!!! Did I just give you a clue as to who I am???? Oh, well....

    :0 Later

    ReplyDelete
  6. Chris,

    When I took my speech class I always thought that I did horrible, but everyone else in the class, including the teacher, thought it was great. My teacher actually still goes around telling people what a "great communicator" I am. So, it is all a matter of perspective. Relax and do your best; chances are you're doing better than you think.

    ReplyDelete